On December 8th in their own building, the Red Wolves edged the Bonnies, 73-70.
A note regarding this game: Last year, Arkansas State beat St. Bonaventure 58-52.
Arkansas State came out ahead in three-point shooting and free throw shooting. Foul shooting led to an additional 20 points for the Red Wolves compared to only 16 points for the Bonnies. Arkansas State sealed it shooting 29% from three-point range compared to 25% for St. Bonaventure.
Brandon Peterson and Raeford Worsham led the Red Wolves against the Bonnies with 18 points apiece. Peterson also contributed a game-leading 13 rebounds. The Red Wolves sit at 5-3.
The next game is against Austin Peay at home on December 16th.
Arkansas State Game Notes:
- The Red Wolves have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Arkansas State has won 20 close games.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 8 games this season.
- A-State beat the spread by 4.5 points.
- A-State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 42.1% field goal percentage.
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 39.3% of the team's rebounds.
St. Bonaventure Game Notes:
- St. Bonaventure lost and did not cover the spread.
- Demetrius Conger recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Youssou Ndoye.
- Demetrius Conger has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 8 games this season.
- The Bonnies have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Bonaventure has lost 25 close games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Brandon Peterson
, Raeford Worsham